So, I may have already failed at this project, a little, but I only read about it today and I can play catch-up, right? For a while I've wanted to shift the focus a little of this blog, with more personal journaling, so here goes.
I'm Bee, a twenty-something Mama from the UK (South East England, to be more precise). I'm engaged to the most wonderful guy, Colin, and we have two boys together. Daniel, our eldest is four, he's the spitting image of his Daddy and one of the sweetest boys I know. Joshua is just two, going on six, he's a rambunctious toddler with a fierce independent streak, but he does give the best snuggles.
01. Our wedding date is the 8th August 2015. We've been engaged for over two years but it's important to me that the boys are involved in the wedding. Daniel thinks he's getting married too and it's the cutest thing, he's so excited!
02. Instagram is by far my favourite social media outlet. If you don't follow me already, you should, I post pretty cute pictures of my little monkeys all day (@bees_circus).
03. My hair is the longest it has ever been. For most of my childhood I had shoulder length bob with a fringe, and when I had Daniel I had it all cut off to an asymmetrical pixie crop.
04. Daniel was the first (& only) boys name we agreed on, before we even knew he was a boy. Chloe was our girls name. Joshua was nearly an Aiden, but we let Daniel choose. My other favourite boys names are Thomas and Oliver.
05. Colin and I have been together for nearly six years. We had a pretty whirlwind romance, but he's my soulmate and I feel we were just lucky to meet each other so soon. We met working together at a bar, and from that moment I have felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
06. I am probably the most productive late at night, & the early hours of the morning. Though, I should probably be sleeping. Actually, definitely.
07. I would love to be covered with tattoos. My job doesn't really allow it though, or my budget. I currently have two tattoos, but am planning a third to commemorate my boys.
08. I would have a football team of children if it was up to me, I just love every age and stage. Every time a friend announces a pregnancy I get a little choked up, simply because I'm not. But, right now, it's not our time.
09. I struggle with motivation to excercise, it's always too easy to think of an excuse, but I recently started playing softball twice a week and I absolutely love it. My family have been into the baseball scene since I was little but I've been adamantly unsporting until now.
10. Photography and blogging are my creative outlets. I used to love drawing and painting too but I have lost all confidence and inspiration. I take photos constantly, with my iPhone and my big camera and feel so inspired by other photographers. I would love to make more time for being creative in the future.
11. My boys are the reason I breathe, my motivation to get up in the morning, the cause of my frown lines and the lights of my life.
12. I work part-time as a teaching assistant and am going back to University part-time in September, to train to be a teacher. It's been my goal since I was a little girl, but it's incredibly scary too.
13. I have a sweet tooth, chocolate is a real weakness.
14. I very rarely leave the house without makeup. My skin is one of my biggest insecurities, and so I always take five minutes in the morning to put my face on.
15. My taste is music is pretty varied. I like classical or jazz to relax, I grew up listening to country music so that has a place in my heart, I went through a grunge metal phase in school, and I thoroughly enjoy pop music too. Anything goes really.
16. I like organisation. All our things have a place, the toys all have boxes (wooden toys, train tracks, cars, pirate toys, puzzles etc), our books and my wardrobe are colour coordinated, but our house is still always messy. I like to think it's 'lived in'. Tiding with two toddlers around is like sweeping during a hurricane.
17. I have recently discovered a love for lipstick. The other day I emptied my handbag and found 17. Hot pink and orange are my favourites right now.
18. I have an amazing group of close friends, who are so incredibly accepting of my life and littles, it doesn't ever matter how long it has been since we last spoke it's always just the same. They are all so much fun to be around and I am so lucky to have them.
19. Usually at least one of us is dressed in stripes. Often more than one. We really like stripes.
20. Breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day. Eggs, fruit, pancakes, yogurt, granola, my dream date involves a stay at a hotel and then an amazing breakfast with ALL THE THINGS.