001. Phew. This week has been absolute madness. Finding our feet (again) with our school/work routine is never easy, I think we were late every day! Naps were a bit hit and miss too, which is never fun, but we made it through the week. Back to football today too, which was great until Joshua fell and cut his head on the corner of the wall! Just a little cut, I wasn't at all concerned until I phoned 111 for some advice and she wanted to get him checked at A&E within the hour. Cue panic, Colin has hurt his foot and stayed at home with Daniel, so one of my best friends thankfully came with me (Love you Em!) We waited around for a few hours, got him checked and put my mind at ease, a little glue and he's right as rain. The worst part was his lack of nap, and the fact it was so hot in there I thought I was going to pass out!
002. We got to go to a beautiful wedding yesterday. One of my friends from work renewed her vows for their 25th wedding anniversary, so lovely. I took the boys to the church service, which was pretty brave, but they were both so good. I took emergency lollipops, which kept them entertained for the first half, and a few cars and books (Joshua spent the remainder of the time poking his lolly sticks through the holes in The Very Hungry Caterpillar book and giggling like mad!) I dropped them off with Colin after and headed to the party with some friends. It was nice to get out and celebrate, let my hair down a little & have fun with friends. Thanks Deb, for a great night!
003. A shoutout to my amazing fiancé. Not only did he let me lie in this morning, he let me nap this afternoon AND cooked a roast dinner by himself for the first time. We don't ever do a whole chicken, because it seems a waste, but he'd invited my MiL over & then had to take charge because I was at the hospital. He did an absolutely amazing job, it was delicious! I think he'll be cooking more often!
004. This week is going to be a little challenging too. Hopefully no emergencies, just a few changes round here. Quite honestly, I don't do very well with change, but I've decided to be positive and embrace it. I started by reorganising our whole kitchen yesterday, to make things for accessible for the boys and easier for me too. Fingers crossed it all goes well. We've got a B theme for our actives this week, focusing on birds and butterflies, after our nature walk last week. Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited. I love feeling prepared, I have about a bazillion lists to get me through the week!
005. Now, the Sunday Social. Today's questions are about pet peeves and fears!
1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve?
People who drive too fast and cut across lanes. CHOOSE A LANE PEOPLE. My Mama gets pretty bad road rage and I think she's rubbed off on me a little.
2. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
Word verification is the devil! Whyyyyy.
3. What is your biggest shopping pet peeve?
Paying for delivery. Yeah, I'm just cheap.
4. What is your biggest general pet peeve?
Rudeness. Manners don't cost a thing.
5. What is your most irrational fear?
Moths. Blaming my Mama for this one too. I just hate how flappy they are, birds too.